We don’t usually use peanut butter but the other day we came across some organic, hand-made (stone ground) peanut butter and we just couldn’t resist. Given that I have some delicious Nutiva hemp protein in the cupboard as well, I thought why not make a dessert smoothie just for fun! If you’re allergic to peanuts or just avoid them, use one of the substitutes that I give below. I wouldn’t have this smoothie every day because of the peanuts, but it’s super tasty treat and way healthier than the peanut butter parfait my mom and I used to get from the ice cream shop when I was a kid.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 tbsp. Organic, Stone Ground Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop Nutiva hemp protein
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1-2 cups of Almond Milk
Instructions: Blend all of your ingredients on high and serve.
- Peanut Butter – Jungle Peanut Butter, Almond Butter
- Almond Milk – Coconut Milk, Hemp Milk other seed/nut milk
- Chia Seeds – Hemp Seeds
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016