A zingy, zesty and oh so delicious raw beegan pie… for those who still love sweet things, don’t have years to spend baking in the kitchen, and prefer to keep their sweet treats on the healthy side. Avocados are healthy fats loaded with nutrients, and they’re also pre-cursors to glutathione which is a master antioxidant needed for liver to detox.
Ever single ingredient in this pie is organic and comes from plant-based ingredients. Though due to the nuts, it’s going to be higher in omega 6’s so it’s not a pie you should attempt to live off of (obviously). Anyways, I’m going nuts in the kitchen this week making pies (pun intended) so I hope you enjoy this new creation. Oh and by the way, this is not complicated. The finished result is beautiful and looks impressive to guests, but you could easily whip this up in 30 minutes with a blender and food processor.
Crust / Base:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Half cup shredded almond
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 14 dates, pitted
- pinch or two of Himalayan or sea salt
Instructions: Combine together in a Vitamix and blend until it’s all stuck together and can form a ball in your hand. Press into a 9 inch pie pan firmly.
- 2 large avocados
- Half cup soaked and drained cashews
- 1/2 cup raw honey (can use maple syrup too)
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 10-13 limes)
1. Blend together until super creamy and pour overtop of your pressed pie crust.
2. Pop in the freezer for about 2-3 hours. The photos of the finished pie are after the pie was frozen overnight. Once initially set, it can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016