In my opinion if I had to list the top five 5 foods that are not so good for you, Cheesecake would be on that list. Traditional cheesecake is loaded with milk, sugar, fat, and saturated fat. Not only that, but it’s pretty darn tasty and it’s tempting to eat way too much.
But what about if you could actually make a healthy and RAW version of that much desired treat? You most certainly can and it’s easier then you may have imagined!
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup dried coconut
- 3 cups chopped cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bag frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup dates
1. Process the macadamia nuts and dates in the food processor or Vitamix until smooth.
2. Sprinkle dried coconut onto the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch springform pan
3. Press crust onto the coconut. This will prevent it from sticking.
4. To make the filling, blend the cashews, lemon, honey, gently warmed coconut oil (do not use microwave), vanilla, sea salt, and 1/2 cup water. Blend until smooth and adjust to taste.
5. Pour the mixture onto the crust. Remove air bubbles by tapping the pan on a table.
6. Place in the freezer until firm. Remove the whole cake from the pan while frozen and place on a serving platter. Defrost in the refrigerator.
7. To make the raspberry sauce, process raspberries and dates in a food processor or blender until well blended.
She currently works with clients helping them to lose weight, overcome eating disorders, start and maintain a sensible exercise plan, and build a healthy lifestyle.
Erin’s nutritional counseling has helped many individuals sort through conflicting health and dietary information to find out what is good for their body, and what is sustainable on a long-term basis. She specializes in detoxification programs, internal cleanses, and helping clients build strong immune systems.
She also travels internationally to do workshops, yoga retreats, and personal coaching.
In addition, Erin is a Certified Power Yoga Instructor and a Certified Raw Food Chef from the SunKitchen. She holds a BA in International Business from the University of Vermont.
Latest posts by Erin Schumacher (see all)
- Green Detox Juice Recipe - Jul 2, 2013
- 4 Foods That Wreak Havoc on Your Health - Jun 24, 2013
- Easy Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe - Jun 21, 2013