Get creative at dinner parties or special occasions by using martini cups for a simple tomato salad recipe! The presentation is fun and unique, plus it saves you from running out of bowls. This savory recipe will take just minutes to prepare.
Tomatoes are highly nutritious, full of a compound called lycopene that has been shown to help prevent diabetes, macular degeneration, heart disease and infertility in men. A really good quality tomato will also have rich and varied flavours that help them to stand out in this simple preparation.
- 2 tomatoes (heirloom are ideal)
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt.
- Option to add 1 avocado, sliced
Directions: Dice your tomatoes and place in a bowl. Finely chop your basil leaves and add to your tomatoes. Add your lemon juice and salt to your tomato and basil, toss and enjoy.
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014