It seems that wherever I look these days, we are being bombarded with advertisements for beauty products that all claim to make our skin look more radiant, more glowing, less wrinkled and promise ageless beauty.
When I look at these products on the shelves, I’m shocked by the list of ingredients they contain. Many of the items are unpronounceable, and are definitely not good to be putting onto our skin. The crazy thing is, it is possible to transform your looks naturally, simply by eating the right kinds of foods. A cleansed and healthy body will show up through your skin. When your body is at its optimal health, you will notice your complexion will also be clear. You will also notice shinier hair, brighter eyes and stronger nails. You will be simply beautiful- without any chemical laden lotions, supposed miracle potions, or Botox!
Are you curious to know which foods you should in order to look more radiant? Keep on reading to see how these tried and tested beauty foods will enhance your complexion.
1. Slurp on a Mango. Not only are mangoes one of the tastiest fruits around (in my opinion!) but they are also an amazing anti-ageing food. Mangoes are exceptionally high in beta carotene, which the body converts to Vitamin A, as well being high in Vitamin C content. This dynamic duo of vitamins is really important for anti-ageing, because they help regulate cell turnover, which is important for your skin to be revitalised. Cell regeneration is a natural biological process that replaces old skin cells with fresh new ones, and keeps your complexion looking youthful. Vitamin C is also really important for the synthesis of collagen, a compound which helps to cement the cells in your skin, keeping it firm. Vitamin C is also useful for scavenging the free radicals in our bodies and protecting the cell membranes which influence the skin’s ability to hold water. Hydrated skin that has a healthy barrier means softer, more subtle, and wrinkle-free skin. So get slurping on the soft, juicy flesh of a mango to not only delight your tastebuds, but to also help to keep your skin youthful too.
2. Nosh on Nori. All of the edible seaweeds have amazing health benefits, but nori in particular is great for your skin. One sheet of nori has a high level of omega-3 fatty acids which create natural oils that are another really important barrier on the skin. Omega-3s also play the role of helping to reduce the body’s production of inflammatory compounds. It is important to keep inflammation low as this can affect the aging process and how healthy the skin looks and feels. So for skin that looks and feels optimal, wrap up your vegetables in nori rolls along with some sprouts for a powerful skin-friendly snack.
3. Munch on Walnuts. Walnuts are an amazing source of Vitamin E, another powerful antioxidant that can enhance the immune system as well as protect cell membranes and make red blood cells. Walnuts are another amazing omega 3 fatty acid source that assists in the health of the cell membrane. Like nori, including a small handful of walnuts to your diet will enrich your skin and help your skin tor really glow.
4. Snack on Blueberries. Blueberries provide a lot of antioxidant power that can prevent ageing. The flavanoids in blueberries are believed to protect the body from free radical harm, shielding the skin against harmful free damaging radicals. By protecting the skin cells from damage and disintegration, the skin looks younger for longer. Blueberries are a delicious, low-calorie snack that you can add to a salad, a smoothie or enjoy just on their own!
5. Blend Dark Leafy Greens. Leafy greens such as spinach are also rich in antioxidants, bioflavins, carotenoids, and Vitamins A, C and B6. This powerful combination of nutrients can really help to reduce environmental assaults that can damage a skin cell’s membrane and give you wrinkles. Spinach is also high in anti-inflammatory properties, and will help flush out any toxins that might have been building up in your system and showing up in your skin. Spinach also strengthens your skin tissue and when eaten regularly gives you an all over glow. The best way to eat your spinach is adding it to a daily green smoothie- your skin will love you for it!
Do you normally eat these super beauty foods? What are your top favorites?
Now she is revealing her tips and tricks for living a healthy life so you can feel empowered to lose weight and to get healthy, be happy and feel sexy.
Go to The Wellness Warung and get Simone’s free e-book that will teach you her secrets to losing weight without dieting through healthy lifestyle practices that you can implement to live an awesome life!
Latest posts by Simone Samuels (see all)
- DIY: Make Your Own Natural Shampoo and Conditioner - May 13, 2014
- 7 Easy Ways to Reduce Detox Symptoms - April 3, 2014
- 15 Ways to Improve Your Digestion - November 26, 2013