When thinking about going dairy-free, cheese seems to be the most common hurdle. Vegetarian recipes in particular often rely on cheese as a staple ingredient – just look at the veggie options in restaurants, cheese features heavily!
So if you’ve ever struggled to eliminate cheese from your diet, why not try a swap instead…
Cashew cheese is oh so creamy, versatile (try different flavour variations) and can be made in minutes.
Cashew ‘Cheese’ Recipe
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Garlic powder to taste (start with 1/2 tsp)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Himalayan or truffle salt to taste
- Flavour variations: add herbs or spices such as garlic, cayenne or chives.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth!
- Taste test and add a little extra garlic powder, ground black pepper and Himalayan or truffle salt as desired.
The mixture should be thick, but you can thicken up further by chilling in the fridge.
Everyone wants to feel energised, inspired and full of life, but it’s hard when you’re stressed, fatigued and in pain, and navigating all of the information out there on health and wellbeing is a full-time job. I understand, having devoted three years to investigating chronic fatigue. Through a strategic approach, I was able to systematically resolve each of my many symptoms.
At the time, I didn’t know I had endometriosis left to resolve – I just thought I had excruciatingly bad periods. Nevertheless, I got to work figuring out why. By the time I received my official diagnosis, I already had my endometriosis under control through a natural approach.
I created Green Body Mojo as a way of sharing exactly what I learned and had success with, in hopes that this can help those struggling with endometriosis and chronic fatigue.
Latest posts by Green Body Mojo (see all)
- Going Dairy-Free? Try this Spreadable Cashew ‘Cheese’ Alternative! - Sep 25, 2017
- Plant-Based Protein in a Nutshell (6 Key Sources + 15 Recipes) - Feb 2, 2017
- Why You Should Wash Your Face with Oil for Better Skin - Jun 15, 2015