A hormonal balancing and nourishing smoothie for women. (Men can enjoy this one as well). Goji Berries & Maca are both used by herbalists and other holistic healers to help harmonize, rejuvenate and nourish the endocrine system for a healthy libido, balanced mood and sexual vitality. Maca in particular should be used with caution as some people are not suited to use the herb. For example if you have PCOS or breast cancer, you should check with your herbalist first before using Maca as part of your daily regimen.
We use a protein powder in this smoothie for a stable source of protein. Protein supports the livers detoxification process so it can flush out excess hormones from the body and keep hormone levels at optimal levels. Our Resident N.D Dr. Francesca Quinn suggests having a small amount of protein at each meal as part of a hormonal balance protocol.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flesh
- 1/4 cup of Goji Berries or 1 tbsp. Goji Powder
- 1 Scoop of Plant Based Protein Powder (Sunwarrior is our choice)
- 1 tsp. Maca Powder
- 1-2 Cups of Water
Instructions: Start with your powders and water with your blender on low, once the mixture is blended turn the blender off, add in your berries, banana and coconut and blend on high until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014