I am really excited to share my new perfect pumpkin pie with you today dear Young and Raw reader! You’re the first to see this recipe, which will be featured in my new book due out early next year.
Serving Size: 12 Yield: 9 Inch Pie Ingredients
For the crust:
- 2 Cups (203g) Pili Nuts (or Cashews, or Macadamia nuts), (We love Stephen James Luxury Organic Pili’s though any white nut will work.)
- 1 Cup (116g) Pecans
- 1/4 Cup (38g) Coconut Palm Sugar
- 4 Pieces (58g) Medjool Dates, (Pitted, chopped)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp (3g) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp High Mineral Raw Salt
For the Filling:
- 2 + 1/2 Cups (375) Butternut Squash, or Chinese Pumpkin
- 1 Cup (226g) Pumpkin Seed Milk, (See instructions)
- 1/2 Cup (110g) Irish Moss Gel, (See instructions)
- 1/2 Cup (178g) Coconut Nectar
- 1/4 Cup (73g) Coconut Butter
- 3/4 Cup (165g) Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp (5g) Ginger Juice, (or substitute 2 tsps ginger powder)
- 2 tsps (12g) Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsps (8g) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp (1g) Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1g) Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Tumeric
- 2 Tbsps Lecithin (Non GMO)
- 8 Drops Vanilla Liquid Stevia
- 1/4 tsp (2g) High Mineral Raw Salt
For the Pumpkin Seed Milk:
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 Cup Filtered Water
For the Irish Moss Gel:
- 1/4 Cup (40g) Irish Moss (Unsoaked), (Soaked overnight, or for 8 hours in 4 Cups water, rinsed well)
- 1 Cup Filtered Water
1. Start with the crust. Using a food processor, combine all of the ingredients until a crust like texture comes together. You should be able to pull it apart. Prepare a 9 Inch removable bottom (high sided) pie tin, and press crust into the bottom and up the sides of the pie tin. Set aside.
2. Moving to the filling. Start by making your pumpkin seed milk by blending your pumpkin seeds and water together in a blender for about a minute. Strain the mixture and use just the milk. In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients except the coconut oil and lecithin until well incorporated and smooth.
3. Add the coconut oil and lecithin and continue blending until creamy and smooth.
4. Pour pumpkin pie batter into the prepared crust and place into the freezer for up to 4 hours to set up. Transfer to the fridge overnight to continue setting up before serving. This is a deliciously aromatic and creamy, yet light pumpkin pie that is best eaten fresh (within 2 days of making it.)
5. This raw pumpkin pie is made with fresh whole food ingredients and should be eaten right away. Fresh pumpkin has a limited ‘shelf life’, and this pie will store well in the fridge for up to 2 days, but unlike other cheesecakes and pies, does not store well long-term in the freezer. Make – eat – enjoy!
6. To make the irish moss In a high-speed blender, blend irish moss and water until well incorporated and smooth. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or until set up (firm to the touch) to use in this recipe.
Recipe By: By Chef Priscilla Soligo © Rawthentic Food Ltd. www.rawthenticfood.com
Find us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/rawthenticfood