Why do we need protein? All living cells use proteins (amino acids) for tissue growth and repair, and an array of other vital functions. Proteins are often referred to as “the building blocks” of life.
The good news is that our body naturally pools amino acids together throughout the week from all of the foods we eat and naturally creates proteins for us. Simply put, we can eat fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds all through out the week without worrying about combining things properly to create complete proteins, and our body will do the work of pooling the amino acids together to create the protein for you.
If you’re eating a vegetarian or vegan meal, you shouldn’t need to worry about properly combining foods to create a “complete protein”, and generally the most important rules in nutrition are to eat enough healthy fats and get enough calories from whole foods. If you’re doing this, protein usually isn’t something you need to be concerned about.
Top 10 Plant Based Protein Sources
2. Blue Green Algae
3. Sprouts of all kind! (most are between 20-35% protein.)
5. Dark Leafy Green Vegetables (parsley, spinach, kale, cabbage etc.)
6. Hemp Seeds
7. Bee Pollen (not vegan)
8. Pumpkin Seeds
9. SunWarrior Protein
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Lose Weight without Starving By Eating Raw Food for 7 Days - Apr 24, 2015
- Supercharge Your Green Juice for Healing with Organifi Powder - Mar 29, 2015
- 4 Healthy Green Smoothie, Juicing & Detox Apps for your iPhone - Feb 16, 2015