Raw sushi is another one of those super easy and fun to make recipes that will please the whole family and make an easy clean up job for the chef. The best part is you don’t need any equipment to make this sushi recipe, except for a cutting board and a knife.
- 1 pack Raw Nori Paper
- 2 Avocado
- 1 Mango
- 1 cup Sunflower Sprouts
- 1 cup Alfalfa Sprout
Now for some facts about food!
1. Avocados help maintain healthy cholesterol levels because they contain 76 milligrams of beta sitosterol in a 3 oz serving.
2. Avocados are a great source of Vitamin K, thus preventing bone fractures and aiding in blood clotting.
3. They offer a valuable source of Vitamin B6, which helps break down starches and sugars.
4. Because Avocados are higher in potassium then a banana, they have been known to reduce the risk of cardio vascular disease, high blood pressure and strokes.
5. Avocados are a reliable source of fibre, aiding a healthy bowel thus preventing bowel cancers.
We use sprouts every chance we can get, why? Because they are a source of highly bio-available protein, making them a great option for anyone who is super active or involved in sports, gym, etc.
Sea weed is an ancient food, and has so many healing/nutritional benefits. To name a few:
1. Healthy, Shiny hair, skin and nails.
2. Heavy metal and pollutant detoxifier.
3. Source of soluble fibre, cleans out your digestive system and aids in waste movement.
4. Nori has 2X as much Vitamin C as an orange!
5. Rich in iron, calcium and iodine. Great for your bones and thyroid.
Place all ingredients in a line across the nori paper and roll. Slice into small sushi pieces and serve.
What’s YOUR favourite type of sushi? I’d love some more recipe ideas… I was thinking maybe “taco sushi” next time… leave your comments below!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016