Chamomile has long been recognized for its medicinal and beauty benefits. There are two common varieties used, German Chamomile (Chamomilla recutita) and Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile). The dried flowers of chamomile plant contain many flavonoids and terpenoids that contribute to its medicinal properties. Chamomile tea, a herbal infusion of the chamomile flower, offers many healing benefits due to its bioactive components.
Here are 11 healing benefits you can experience from drinking chamomile tea:
1. Anti-Inflammatory – Useful for treating inflammation in the body including gastrointestinal inflammation, respiratory infections and mouth ulcers.
2. Treatment of Insomnia – Has relaxing and minor sedative qualities which will help improve sleep patterns.
3. Digestive Health – Contains antispasmodic properties that help to relax smooth muscles including those in the intestines and stomach. Chamomile has been used to treat digestive conditions such as gas, bloating diarrhea, stomach cramps, indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Boosts Immune System – Helps to improve white blood cell production and overall immune health.
5. Blood Sugar Balance – Helps maintain blood sugar balance which can help to alleviate Diabetes Mellitus symptoms.
6. Reduces Menstrual Cramping – Known to be a muscle relaxant and anti-spasmodic, it can help soothe muscle aches and cramping.
7. Accelerates Wound Healing – Infused with great healing properties, it can help accelerate minor wound healing processes. It is also effective when treating minor burns.
8. Skin Health – Contains great antioxidant power and anti-inflammatory properties which helps to improve acne and skin health.
9. Dental Health – Can help encourage the healing of and bring soothing relief to painful gums, gingivitis, canker sores, and toothaches.
10. Reduces Stress – Contains nervine relaxant compounds that help to reduce anxiety, stress, and depression.
11. Soothe Eczema and Psoriasis – Topical use can be effective at relieving the itch, pain, and inflammation of skin lesions.
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015