Want a simple snack that you can prepare quickly, stash in your purse, and take with you while you’re on the go? These Maca Maple Dusted Cashews will check all those boxes!
Maca root is native to Peru, and it’s known for its adaptogenic qualities. What’s an adaptogen? So glad you asked! Adaptogens help our bodies respond to stress better, helping our keep our sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems in check. When added to recipes, it creates a lovely nutty, butterscotch-like flavour. You can read all about the great health benefits of maca here, but for those of you who are hungry, let’s just get straight to those cashews!
Maca Maple Dusted Cashews
Ingredients (makes about 1.5 cups):
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup (could substitute agave nectar)
- 1 1/2 tsp maca root powder
- Preheat oven to 275F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the cashews with maple syrup and maca root powder, coating as evenly as possible.
- Scatter the cashews out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip the nuts, and bake another 10-20 minutes.
- Let the cashews cool. If they seem soft when you take them out of the oven, cooling should make them crunchy again.
- Enjoy as a snack on their own, or use the cashews to top parfaits, oatmeal, frozen yogurt, or smoothie bowls.
Blogger and Personal Health Coach at Eat Spin Run Repeat
Angela is an avid runner and triathlete, health coach and healthy food enthusiast. Her goal is to encourage and inspire others to live their lives to the fullest, making the most of every day by setting goals and chasing them with passion. When she's not creating new recipes in her kitchen and working with clients, you'll find Angela out for a run, at the farmer's market, and exploring Vancouver, the city she's now proud to call home. You can learn more about her on her blog, Eat-Spin-Run-Repeat.com.
Latest posts by Angela Simpson (see all)
- Clean Eating Recipe: Summertime Quinoa and Greens Salad - May 6, 2019
- Light and Luscious: Lemon Coconut Pie Smoothie - Jul 13, 2015
- 3 Ingredient Recipe: Maca Maple Dusted Cashews - Jul 13, 2015