We recently conducted a poll in our 30 Day Green Smoothie Group to find out everyone’s favourite smoothie fruit. Pineapple was the clear winner! The bromelain in pineapple can help aid digestion, reducing bloating and constipation. Here are three recipes you can try utilising this anti-inflammatory fruit:
- Deeply Nourishing Breakfast Smoothie
A morning green smoothie for breakfast sets the tone for a super healthy day. If you’ve ever experienced constipation, pain in your intestines, low energy, weight gain or fatigue – you may benefit from switching up what you eat at the start of your day.
As long as your thyroid is in balance, you can make a green smoothie using kale, otherwise if you have a thyroid problem, swap out the kale for something like celery, cucumber or lettuce.
- 1 cup kale
- small handful of mint leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp. hemp or chia seeds
- 1 cup water or almond milk
2. Pineapple Turmeric and Chia Seed Cleansing Smoothie
Turmeric is an incredible gift from nature. With its many uses, detox, lowering inflammation and supporting a healthy estrogen balance in the body. Combine the power of turmeric with cleansing chia seeds that help to pull toxins from the system and flush out the digestive tract, you’ve got an incredible formula. Here’s a delicious way to ingest these power foods and reap the benefits.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- half banana*optional, omit for lower sugar
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder or small pinky sized fresh root
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. shredded coconut (or coconut meat)
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 cup water or coconut water
3. Creamy Pineapple Fennel Smoothie
Have fennel lying around but not sure what to do with it? Well, if you’re up for something new – try throwing a bit of it into your smoothie today! Fennel is a source of plant based iron, and has long been used as a remedy for upset tummies, gas & indigestion. Even though it smells like licorice, the taste is a bit different and really subtle in a smoothie combo with pineapple and avocado. Warning though, if you don’t have a high speed blender, you’ll want to really chop the fennel up into small bits because it doesn’t blend well in a regular blender. You can also just slice it up and throw it in a salad or a stir fry!
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 Small Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Fennel
- 1 Lime, Peeled
- 1 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 1 – 2 Cups of Water
Instructions: Blend all ingredients on high until smooth. Use less water to start and add into your blender until you reach the right consistency for your preferences. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019