I love having a green smoothie for breakfast. There are so many amazing ingredients that you can combine to kick-start your day and give your body a super boost of energy.
This is definitely one of my favorite green smoothie recipes. In addition to being out of this world delicious, it also contains pineapple, avocado, cucumber, turmeric & ginger … all insanely powerful at reducing inflammation and that dreaded belly bloat.
But the most unusual (and crazy delicious) ingredient in this green smoothie is DILL.
Here’s just a few reasons why I love adding a little dill to my green smoothies:
1. Dill is an awesome herb to reduce stress. It contains Carvone which has been shown to calm the nervous system and ease the mind. For this reason, it is also a powerful food for those suffering from insomnia.
2. It supports proper digestion by stimulating bile and digestive juices found in the stomach.
3. Dill contains a good amount of calcium and is therefore a great food for people with rheumatoid arthritis and for anyone looking to support bone and joint health.
4. This herb is a powerful anti-oxidant. Studies have shown that Dill activates the enzyme glutathione-S-transferase which increases your antioxidant potential and reduces free radicals in the body. Dill is a great anti-carcinogen and helps to reduce toxic load in the body.
5. Dill offers relief of headaches and and cramping during menstruation by increasing blood flow, reducing pressure and relaxing muscle spasms.
This powerful combination of anti-inflammatory fruits and vegetables help support digestion, reduce muscle and joint ache, and support both the liver and kidneys to effectively eliminate toxins from your body.
So here’s the recipe!
- ½ pear
- ¾ cup pineapple
- 1 small avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled
- ½ thumb fresh turmeric, peeled (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- 2 cups water
Method: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Add more water if necessary until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Krystal Vrba (see all)
- Avocado Magic Green Smoothie For Glowing Skin and Healthy Joints - May 14, 2015
- Dairy Free and Super Healthy Mint Chocolate Protein Smoothie - May 11, 2015
- Krystals Healthy Raw Chia Breakfast Bomb! - May 11, 2015