Beets are an amazing source or iron, folate and manganese. They also contains a unique combination of phytonutrients called betalains. This family of compounds have been studied for their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying abilities. These compounds are especially good at supporting phase two liver detox, making beets an amazing food for helping to support liver function and overall cleansing.
Add Even More Goodness!
Sprouts are an amazing addition to juice as well. You can think of them as nutritional power houses, because they contain all nutrients needed to turn a seed into a plant. They are rich in a wide array of vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll, which is a powerful blood cleanser.
Ginger has been used for centuries to help cleanse, heal and soothe the digestive tract. Add as much or as little to this recipe as you like, as it does lend a very strong flavour!
- 1 small beet
- 1 inch piece ginger (more or less depending on how you like it)
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1-2 handful sprouts of choice (this could be pea sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli sprouts, sunflower sprouts ect)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 spears of asparagus
- 1 red pepper
- 1 handful dandelion sprouts or 3 leaves of dandelion
Directions: Run all ingredients through a juicer. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016