You can avoid fillers and sweeteners like cane sugar by creating your own nut milks at home, which make for absolutely divine tasting, thick and creamy smoothies like this Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie rich in Vitamin E which is wonderful for your skin and hair. You can toss some greens in here and easily mask the flavor with the rich tones of hazelnut and chocolate, and a nutty accent from the hemp seeds. You can most certainly enjoy this nutritional powerhouse for breakfast!
- 1 cup hazelnuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 3-4 cups filtered or spring water
- 1 pinch of vanilla bean
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
Instructions: Once your hazelnuts have soaked overnight, rinse them off thoroughly and blend with 3-4 cups of water and vanilla bean. Filter through a mesh nut milk bag and store in a glass jar for 3-4 days in the fridge. You can also add a tsp or two of maple syrup or honey for sweetener if you wish.
Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie:
- Half avocado
- Half banana
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp maca powder *optional
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or hemp oil (or both)
- 1-2 cups hazelnut milk
- 1 cup spinach or leafy green*optional
Instructions: Blend your ingredients together until smooth and enjoy.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016