This salad is a creamy delight that will not leave you feeling gassy and bloated like dairy based salads can. You’ll find it super easy to prepare and may just become one of your kitchen staples! Peas are a trusted source of plant-based protein so you can enjoy them after a work-out or hike to replenish and nourish yourself.
- 1 avocado, halved with pit removed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas (let them thaw.)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- pinch Himalayan or sea salt
1. Take one half of your avocado and slice it lengthwise in its shell.
2. Scoop your sliced avocado flesh out with a spoon and place it in a bowl with your peas and arugula.
3. Take the other half of your avocado and place it in a blender with your lemon juice, sweetener and salt. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little water to get the mixture to blend.
4. Pour your dressing over your salad and enjoy!
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014