When thinking about going dairy-free, cheese seems to be the most common hurdle. Vegetarian recipes in particular often rely on cheese as a staple ingredient – just look at the veggie options in restaurants, cheese features heavily!
So if you’ve ever struggled to eliminate cheese from your diet, why not try a swap instead…
Cashew cheese is oh so creamy, versatile (try different flavour variations) and can be made in minutes.
Cashew ‘Cheese’ Recipe
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Garlic powder to taste (start with 1/2 tsp)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Himalayan or truffle salt to taste
- Flavour variations: add herbs or spices such as garlic, cayenne or chives.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth!
- Taste test and add a little extra garlic powder, ground black pepper and Himalayan or truffle salt as desired.
The mixture should be thick, but you can thicken up further by chilling in the fridge.
Green Body Mojo is a self-care hub for chronic inflammatory conditions like endometriosis and chronic fatigue.
🥑 Anti-inflammatory recipes (Plant-Based + Free From Gluten, Soy & Refined Sugar)
🌸 Herbal remedies
💆🏻♀️ Relaxation techniques
🧘🏻♀️ Movement practises
Join our Facebook community and take part in our FREE recipe and lifestyle challenges!