We should all be eating dark leafy greens in some form or another to get the minerals we need to sustain optimal health, like magnesium which is found in abundance in green foods like kale and chard. You can put these greens in blended soups and cooked recipes as well. If you’re on the go or just want to sneak more green into your day, blend them from time to time in a raw smoothie loaded with great fats that support hormonal balance, weight loss and balanced blood sugar. This simple weight loss green smoothie recipe is perfectly balanced to ensure you’re getting a wide array of nutrients and fats that will help satiate your hunger which is especially important if you’re healing an imbalance in the body or trying to lose weight.
- 1 cup loosely packed kale
- 2-3 tbsp. cashews (soaked to make them softer for blending)
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 small piece of ginger, size of your thumb or smaller
- 1/3 cup pineapple, mango or banana for sweetness (optional)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean or extract
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
Instructions: Wash, pit and peel your fruits and veggies and pop into your blender. Combine all ingredients and liquid, blend until smooth. Depending on the the of blender you have, you may need more or less liquid, add slowly until you reached desired consistency and enjoy your breakfast!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016