This is a super easy recipe that tastes amazing and is so much better for you than conventional soda. It comes together in a snap is sure to impress even those who are used to drinking store-bought, sugary sodas, and while it won’t be loaded with caffeine and give off an un-natural buzz, it also won’t be followed by a sugar crash, so there’s that! Why ditch soda? Here’s a breakdown of how soda affects every organ in your body to learn a little more about why you may want to consider cutting back on your soda consumption. Perhaps you’ve already ditched the soda a long time ago, and in that case, you can share this with your friends and inspire them to give it a go with you.
- 2 inch piece ginger, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or other a few drops of stevia
- 2 cups naturally sparkling mineral water
1. Finely grate your ginger on a box grate, place in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze to extract the juice. Or, if you have a juicer, you can extract the juice that way instead.
2. Combine your ginger juice, lemon juice, orange juice and coconut sugar in a glass. Whisk until your coconut sugar dissolves.
3. Add your naturally sparkling water to your ginger mixture. Serve with sliced lemons.
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014