A hormonal balancing and nourishing smoothie for women. (Men can enjoy this one as well). Goji Berries & Maca are both used by herbalists and other holistic healers to help harmonize, rejuvenate and nourish the endocrine system for a healthy libido, balanced mood and sexual vitality. Maca in particular should be used with caution as some people are not suited to use the herb. For example if you have PCOS or breast cancer, you should check with your herbalist first before using Maca as part of your daily regimen.
We use a protein powder in this smoothie for a stable source of protein. Protein supports the livers detoxification process so it can flush out excess hormones from the body and keep hormone levels at optimal levels. Our Resident N.D Dr. Francesca Quinn suggests having a small amount of protein at each meal as part of a hormonal balance protocol.
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flesh
- 1/4 cup of Goji Berries or 1 tbsp. Goji Powder
- 1 Scoop of Plant Based Protein Powder (Sunwarrior is our choice)
- 1 tsp. Maca Powder
- 1-2 Cups of Water
Instructions: Start with your powders and water with your blender on low, once the mixture is blended turn the blender off, add in your berries, banana and coconut and blend on high until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016