Over the last 10 years I had gained 30 pounds. Since I train Dobermans in Schutzhund it is difficult to move carrying around that much extra weight and I also really never felt very good. I ate the typical American diet and drank more alcohol than was good for me. I started the 21 Day Raw Food Reset after hearing about it while doing the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge. I was only through half of the Challenge when I started the Reset. During the Reset, I completely eliminated coffee, diet drinks and processed foods – and have stayed clear from them since.
What is most important is the way this has opened my eyes to what I put into my body, on my body, and clean my house with. I have learned without any real effort on my part to listen to my body and actually pay attention. I started walking again- first only one mile, I didn’t push it, but now I can walk 5 to 6 miles at a time. I really think that my body has figured out when it is full and it is letting me know.
That’s Not Even the Best Part…
What is interesting is how my tastes have changed. I do not crave sweet or salty food. In fact I don’t really like anything that is too sweet. I have learned how to use spices in my cooking and found some terrific dishes.
Before this I had never noticed how often we are sabotaged by TV advertisements. I would say over 40% of what we see in commercials is advertisements for food and over 40% for either medicine or blends of chemicals to put on your skin (creams, makeup, powders). This 21 Day Reset has really helped me to see things in a different way.
Here were the results of my 21 Day Raw Food Reset Cleanse:
- I started dreaming when I slept. Which I am told shows that you are in a deeper sleep. I think because of this the knots in my body from Fibromyalgia have disappeared and I do not have any symptoms at all!
- I lost 10 pounds during the 21 Day Reset and 3 more in the days following without ever going hungry.
- I have been told that my skin looks glowing, and when you are 66 that is a great compliment!
- I have always worked out but my body did not sweat. This may sound great but I have passed out due to this. When I walk or workout in the yard I now sweat, not just under my arms but my head and body (the weather is in the 90’s here with high humidity). My body works with me not against me.
- I have started paying attention to what is in the products I use whether on or in my body. Before, if it said natural flavorings, I thought “great this is good!” Now I know to stay clear.
A little about myself, I graduated from college and have worked in management in the IT field all of my life. I am 66 years old, I have 4 sons and 9 grandchildren. I have always been very active. I am not the typical grandmother.
In the last 10 plus years I have trained Dobermans in both Search & Rescue, and Schutzhund. Schutzhund is a German dog sport where you work outside training the dogs to track, and includes obedience and protection work. It is very demanding both physically and mentally. I was starting to slow down and things started happening (what others said was growing old).
I have seen women that were 40 years old that were really old and I have seen women that were 80 that acted a lot younger. This is my goal. I need my health to be able to keep up and do this sport and to meet my goals. The 21 Day Raw Food Reset group has shown me how to do what I want. I plan on using the skills and knowledge to continue on and expect my weight to decrease even more yet, while my energy levels rise. I do not know if this plan will help me live longer, but I expect this plan to help me be healthier during the years I do have.
Begin Your Own Transformation Journey with the 21 Day Raw Food Reset Cleanse Here
Latest posts by Linda Kye (see all)
- I Ate Raw Food for 21 Days and This is What Happened… - Jul 25, 2014