The title speaks for its self. This decadent pie can be whipped up in no time flat. Use seasonal fruits and experiment with different layers of flavour. It’s rare to find a raw pie with no dates in it so I am happy to give those of your who prefer other sweeteners a new go-to crust.
Equipment: Food Processor (if you don’t have pre ground almond meal), High-Speed Blender (to make the filling extra smooth and creamy), 9- inch pie dish, spatula, glass bowl, measuring cups.
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups Almond Meal (or) Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup or Raw Honey
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Rock Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
1. Melt coconut oil in a sauce pan or pot. Add in maple syrup or honey, salt and cinnamon then mix in almond meal and stir until well combined.
2. Firmly press into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
3. Place in the fridge and make filling.
- 2 cups soaked cashews, drained (Soak in water for at least 4 hours or overnight.)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cups pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp Vanilla Powder
- *I split the filling into two and blended
- 3/4 cup blueberries and cherries in one layer and 3/4 cup fresh pineapple in the other
1. Place soaked cashews in a high-speed blender with remaining ingredients (not the fruit). Blend until smooth.
2. Separate half of the filling and blend in each fruit separately.
*Tip: Start with you lightest color so that you don’t have to clean the blender
3. Place one layer on top of the crust, followed by the other layer. Depending on how “soft” your layers you may want to set the first layer in the freezer for an hour then pour on the top layer.
4. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until firm. Top with seasonal fruit and enjoy!
Latest posts by Rachelle Girardin (see all)
- These Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes Taste Epic and Easy to Make - Mar 31, 2015
- Heal Your Gut and Boost Your Electrolytes with this Cultured Coconut Yogurt Recipe - Mar 30, 2015
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight - Mar 29, 2015