Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 5 Minutes
When I have been feeling sluggish and foggy, I reach for this smoothie. It’s loaded with antioxidants to help manage inflammation. It starts with a base of antioxidant-rich berries: blackberries and blueberries.
Then I add fresh turmeric—a root veggie that belongs to the ginger family, but most of us know it best in its powdered form as a bright yellow spice. Its active flavonoid, curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant. Finally I add kale, banana, almond milk and Vega One, my go-to nutrient dense smoothie additions. Here’s to better brain power!
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup blackberries, frozen
- 1 banana
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 serving Vega One French Vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation: Add all ingredients to blender and blend. Enjoy!
Find More From Peggy K
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Peggy Kotsopoulos (see all)
- 5 Warning Signs of Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency + What To Do About It - May 21, 2016
- 3 Happy (Healthy) Halloween Treats! - Oct 28, 2015
- 5 Ways to Enjoy the Cleansing Powers of Watermelon - Sep 6, 2015