Let’s face it, salads can get boring. So it’s been our mission to mix it up a lot when it comes to salads and different dressing ideas. Raw food is certainly fun play with and you can get really gourmet with it too! But when your goal is just to feel energized, stay healthy and live a normal life where you’re not in the kitchen all day and night, gourmet raw is not the way to go.
Some of the recipes here on YoungandRaw.com are fun to try especially if you’re just getting into whole foods and want to play in the kitchen, or if you have someone in the family who’s super picky. For the most part though, our days consist of lots of lemon water, juices, green smoothies & fruit smoothies, big salads, herbs and cooked meals too.
This salad is kind of a base recipe that I use a lot because the flavors are just so great together. It’s loaded with nutrients and has blood building properties from the beets. You can add many different types of dressing to this one, today we’re using Honey Mustard Lime dressing.
- As much Romaine Lettuce as you like!
- 1 Small Beet, shredded or processed in a food processor
- 1/2 Carrot, shredded or processed in a food processor
- 1 Small Avocado, sliced
- 1 Small hand full of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 Cucumber, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup of Organic stone ground mustard
- 2-3 tbsp. Local, organic, sustainably harvested honey
- 2-3 Fresh Limes, juice only
- pinch of Himalayan salt
Instructions: Stir the mixture together in a glass jar and you’ve got dressing. Serve over your salad, store for 3-4 days.
Sheleana is passionate about getting back to nature through real food and empowering women to walk the feminine path of self-care and deep self-awareness. She's a birth doula in Vancouver, BC She's an avid reader, intuitive culinary goddess and cat lady in the making.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016