If you’re feeling the urge to cleanse, reset and slim up for Spring, do it superfood style! Chia seeds are super cleansing and help to bind to toxins, regulate bowels and offer up a healthy source of fats at the same time. There’s really nothing better than eating well and loving the fact that even though what you’re indulging in tastes as naughty as ever, it’s actually good for you too! Dive into this divine tasting chia dessert that also doubles as a sweet snack mid-day in between meals, or a healthy breakfast option.
From healthy fats, to antioxidants and mineral balance, this recipe is dialed in for your spring slimming success. Enjoy!
- 3-4 tbsp chia seeds (white or black)
- 2-3 tbsp shredded coconut
- Half tsp vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Half cup coconut or almond milk
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp hemp seeds *optional add-on
- 1 tsp local organic honey *optional add-on
Instructions: Combine all of your ingredients except for the raspberries and allow them to soften for 5-10 minutes. Add your fresh berries (blueberries or strawberry can also work!) and enjoy. You can pack this in a jar on the go for an early breakfast or mid-day snack.
Quick note: chia seeds can lower blood pressure, so be mindful if you have low blood pressure to enjoy chia seeds occasionally rather than every day in high amounts.
Young and Raw
Our flagship program that’s transformed thousands of lives and improved the health of families all over the world.
30 Day R.E.A.L. Food Meal Plans:
Reduce Your Stress and Get Your Body Back into Balance by Following Nutritionist Designed and Doctor Approved Meal Plans!
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019