There’s something so heartening about preparing and consuming a wholesome, filling, and nutrient-dense meal that utilizes all the best flavors nature offers.
Different than typical veggie-rich macrobiotic bowls, however, this live food version is blossoming with vibrant colors, has a satisfying Teriyaki pate, and is served with a flavor-infused spicy dragon sauce.
If the colors and various textures aren’t enough to make you drool, the Teriyaki pate and accompanying side sauce will convince you to try out this bowl. Truly, eating nourishing food has never been so easy – or tasty.
Macro Bowl + Teriyaki Almond Pate
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Serving Size: 4 Servings
- 1-2 Cups Organic Lettuce
- 2 Medium Zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- ½ Onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Cup Sprouts
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Baby Tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 date, soaked 1hr minimum water
- 1 cup almond soaked 8 -12 hrs and dehydrated 24 hrs
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- ½ cup packed cilantro
- ¼ cup red onion
- Spiralize zucchini, julienne carrots, separate bean sprouts, julienne lettuce, and halve baby tomatoes. Set all aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix broccoli florets with sliced mushrooms and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt. Massage to break down the cellulose, and place next to other bowl ingredients.
- Using a food processor, grind almonds, cilantro, and onion to a pulverized texture, and transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Using a blender, blend remaining pate ingredients. Mix with almond mix. Should be a thick pate.
- To plate: In a medium sized serving bowl, place green lettuce at the bottom. Artistically pile vegetables in the bowl, placing 1/2 cup of the pate on top and at the center. Garnish with sprouts, and serve with side of Dragon Sauce.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 5-6 Servings
- 1 Tbsp Miso (light)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chili Pepper
- Blend all ingredients on high until smooth and creamy. Serve with the Tokyo Dragon Roll or Macro Bowl.
Eat the food that loves you back! You DO deserve to feel vibrantly well and can begin the journey by choosing to consume more nutritious fare today.
Latest posts by Amanda Froelich (see all)
- 4 Steps To Becoming Your Own Best Friend - Dec 21, 2015
- Raw Plant-Based Macro Bowl with Teriyaki Almond Pate - Feb 16, 2015
- My Vegan Version of Crab Cakes & Wasabi Mayo on Raw Bagels - Oct 31, 2014