Basil isn’t just for pasta sauce, pizza or curry. Thai basil is bolder, with a slightly more anise flavor than traditional sweet Italian basil you may already have growing in your windowsill. Pick some up at a local farmer’s market or speciality market (the more purple leaves are a dead giveaway), and blend into your smoothie.
- 1 serving Vega One French Vanilla or Vega Protein & Greens Vanilla
- ½ cup frozen strawberries ((if using fresh strawberries, add in a ½ cup of ice)
- 3 Thai basil leaves
- ¼ avocado
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy.
Find More From Sarah
Vegan and Raw Food Recipes here >>
Nutrition and Health Tips here >>
Latest posts by Sarah Skalzub (see all)
- Pineapple Turmeric Replenishing Post-Workout Smoothie - Feb 19, 2019
- Refreshing Pink Lemonade Smoothie - Sep 26, 2015
- Reduce Inflammation with this Strawberry and Basil Protein Smoothie - Sep 17, 2015