Start your morning by awakening your digestive system, decongesting and flushing your liver with this ginger detox elixir. After a cup or two of room temperature water, and before a morning green juice, make this elixir in place of a coffee if you feel your body needs a bit of a detox. You’ll be surprised, this elixir actually tastes great and you may find yourself drinking it all throughout the day.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tbsp grade b maple syrup or organic honey (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Half cup of hot water
- Add a tiny bit of room temp water to cool it down
Instructions: Juice your lemons and store in a glass jar in your fridge. You can just 6-8 lemons so you have them for the next 3-5 days.
Juice your ginger by running it through a slow or cold press juicer. If you don’t have a juicer that will properly juice ginger or small roots, then you can slice a large knuckle of ginger and boil it on the stove with 1 cup water. Boil it down until the water is mostly ginger, and then store it in a jar in the fridge.
In the morning, simply pull out your lemon juice, ginger juice, ACV and honey or maple syrup and Cinnamon, put them in a cup, add half cup of hot water and add a bit of room temperature water to the cup to cool it off. Drink first thing on an empty stomach after a few glasses of fresh water.
This Elixir May Lend Various Health Benefits:
- Gallstones/kidney stones – may help flush them out.
- Clear skin
- Cleanse blood
- Balance blood sugar
- Decongest liver
- Helps stimulate the digestive system
- Cleanses the colon
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016