I love the onset of Summer; longer days, warm balmy nights, the scent of frangipanis in the air and the arrival of summer fruits. There really is nothing like that first bite of mango after a long cold winter or that first burst of dragon fruit or raspberry or perfectly ripe paw paw. Nature needs very little help in making this bounty taste any more incredible.
Alas, I also love getting a little superfood kick in the morning, so I’ve added maca and mesquite powder into a creamy caramel sauce that mixes ever so perfectly with the summer fruit. Add a sprinkle of cacao nibs, goji berries, chia seeds and coconut, and you have a meal that works as equally for breakfast as it does for dessert!
Caramel Maca Cream
- ¼ cup of cashews soaked and strained
- 1 cup of dates soaked and strained
- 1 cup of fresh almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of mesquite powder
- 1 vanilla bean- seeds only
- A pinch of salt
Summer Fruit Bowl
- ½ a mango cubed
- ½ a banana sliced
- Handful of red grapes
- Handful of raspberries
- 1 kiwi fruit sliced
- 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of goji berries
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of pepitas
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender except for the coconut oil and blend well to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and blend again until you have a very smooth, creamy texture.
- Place all of the fruit in a bowl and mix gently to combine.
- Add the Caramel Maca Cream and serve with lime.
Her work is regularly published in print media and online, as well as her own website, ‘Raw By Nature’ which offers vibrant nourishing recipes and information about plant-based living. A gypsy heart and lover of nature, Kelly finds inspiration in the world around her and translates her visions into whimsical stories and edible creations.
Latest posts by Kelly Fielding (see all)
- This Beetroot, Walnut & Cashew Cheese Salad is Simple and Delicious! - Sep 4, 2017
- This Raw Dragonfruit, Lime and Coconut Cake Will Brighten Up Your Day! - Sep 4, 2017
- Summer Fruit Bowl with Caramel Maca Cream - Jun 28, 2015