With the quality of commercially-grown produce declining rapidly, obtaining nutritious fruits and vegetables is not an easy task. Few of us eat enough fruits and vegetables on a daily basis; it’s a fact that grows more true with each generation. So how do we answer these issues, knowing the bounty of nutrients we’re missing? One solution is chlorella, a green single-cell algae that packs a huge nutritious punch.
Chlorella is an astounding package of complete nutrition, considering it is such a simple life form, which is probably why it is often referred to as nature’s multivitamin. The synergistic nature of chlorella’s nutrients is undeniable. All of its natural properties function together in a way individual supplements can’t touch. Chlorella is famous for providing a vast array of benefits while fighting numerous diseases and conditions.
1. Vitamins. Chlorella is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E. And chlorella provides these nutrients in a whole food bundle which is far superior to any manufactured formula. Be aware, however, that many experts are now saying the vitamin B12 in chlorella is not highly bioavailable, so other sources should remain in the diet.
2. Minerals. Like most dark green veggies, chlorella is packed with highly beneficial magnesium, which improves blood sugar levels, heart health, mental health and relaxation to name a few. Chlorella also contains other important minerals like potassium, iron and calcium.
3. Amino Acids. Chlorella is a rich source of protein with a balance of important amino acids, including all of the essential ones which the body can’t manufacture. These aminos are responsible for rebuilding the body’s lean tissues and neurotransmitters, and contribute greatly to many functions in the body.
4. Chlorophyll. This green pigment not only gives chlorella its color, but it also provides many health benefits. Chlorophyll can improve immunity, alkalinity, and inflammation – it can even fight bad breath.
5. Detoxification. These days, toxins come at us from every possible angle: food, air, water, beauty products, cleaning supplies and even clothing. It’s important to give the body what it needs to detox from all the harmful substances it encounters each day. Chlorella has an amazing ability to bind with toxins like chemicals and heavy metals, and move them swiftly out of the body. These benefits are powerful and can have a definite positive impact on our health.
6. Digestion. Chlorella promotes the production of healthy flora, bacteria and probiotics throughout the digestive system. This is essential for good digestion and overall health, and also makes chlorella effective for fighting candida and yeast overgrowth. Its anti-inflammatory benefits can also work to heal the digestive system.
7. Energy. A nourished, healthy body is full of energy and vitality. Many people report increased energy and elevated mood after using chlorella. Nothing can compare to the way it feels to be powered by a true superfood.
8. Cancer. Chlorella is known for its remarkable cancer-fighting benefits, possibly because it is rich in natural carotenoids, which can prevent oxidation (a leading cause behind cancer and heart disease). Paired with its detoxifying nature and ability to nourish the immune system, chlorella is a natural anti-carcinogenic agent.
9. Diabetes. In preliminary studies, chlorella can improve insulin sensitivity and blood sugar levels over time. This can prevent and improve conditions like diabetes and insulin resistance (metabolic syndrome). It is also thought that chlorella may guard against side effects of diabetes such as vision loss.
10. Fibromyalgia. Many have reported chlorella reduces pain associated with fibromyalgia. In one study, participants with fibromyalgia who consumed 10 grams of chlorella daily noticed a definite improvement in general symptoms and quality of life.
11. Heart Disease. Studies have demonstrated that chlorella can improve triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels, and may also benefit those with high blood pressure. These factors, combined with chlorella’s strong antioxidant properties, may provide effective protection against heart disease.
12. Obesity. Chlorella’s unique properties may also have the ability to lower overall body fat. One 2008 Japanese study showed chlorella can reduce body fat percentages. This may be due to its ability to aid fat metabolism and improve insulin sensitivity. Plus, when we replace nutritionally empty foods with powerful superfoods like chlorella, the body tends to crave less junk food because it feels more nourished.
Tips for Using Chlorella:
- Chlorella is at its best in pure powder form without any kind of binding agents or additives. However, tablets are acceptable if you can’t find a way to work the powder into your routine. Look for broken cell wall chlorella, which has been processed to make the nutrients in chlorella more digestible.
- Find a pure source of chlorella. Poor production methods can result in a contaminated product, and there are some manufacturers who use high-heat processing which destroys many of the benefits of chlorella. Do your research and find a reputable manufacturer of high-quality chlorella.
- The typical maintenance dose for chlorella is 3-6 grams per day. However, much higher dosages can be used to fight existing degenerative conditions and for heavy metal detox (as much as 20-30 grams per day). Since quality chlorella is a whole superfood, it is generally safe to take in large doses.
- Some people find they need to start small and gradually increase the dosage as their body adjusts to chlorella. Start with as little as 500 mg per day and add more as slowly as needed.
- Avoid chlorella if you are on anticoagulant drugs like warfarin (because of the vitamin K, which acts as a clotting agent).
Source: Natural News
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, please check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Growing up in Michigan, Drew saw first hand how processed food overtook America and his own waistline. After an encounter with a friend and a fresh pressed green juice, he felt the powers of using real nutrition as fuel and began his mission to be a role model for others to help them discover the possibilities of true health and happiness. After making a resolution to help change the world, on January 1, 2012, Fitlife.tv was born.
Drew Canole's transformation clients include celebrities, entrepreneurs, CEO's, authors and personal development gurus, such as Jay Kordich, Suzy Cohen, Joe Cross and MindBodyGreen.
The success of his first book on Juicing Recipes vaulted him to national attention as a first time author and has garnered media and television attention in the form of book deals, TV talk show hosting and national endorsements from some of the leading national companies focused on health, wellness and athletics.
Some of his books include: 10 Day Smoothie Challenge, Why-Dentity, A Juicers Practical Approach to Common Autoimmune Conditions, The Dream Hackers Guide to Higher Consciousness, with many more in the works.
Latest posts by Drew Canole (see all)
- How To Stop Worrying And Start Living – 5 Tips To Become Free - Sep 8, 2015
- According To Harvard Study, Meditation Builds Brain Cells - Sep 8, 2015
- Chlorella – A Nutrient-Dense Single-Celled Microalgae - Sep 7, 2015