1. Anti-Inflammatory: Due to its Flavonoid, Carotenoid and Lycopene content, watermelon is one of natures most effective anti-inflammatory foods.
2. Supports Eye health: Watermelon is very high in Vitamin A, and antioxidant vitamin that is essential for eye health.
3. Supports Immunity: Watermelon is especially rich in Vitamin C, which is an essential nutrient for keeping your immune system working well. Vitamin C will also help with wound healing and the prevention of cell damage.
4. Brain Food: Watermelon is rich in vitamin B6, which supports cognitive function. Vitamin B6 is also used by the body to convert protein into usable energy.
5. Super Hydration: Watermelon is about 91% water by weight, which means that it’s an awesome treat during hot weather or after a workout.
6. Helping flush Kidney Stones: Watermelon is 92% water by weight, which means that it will help your body to flush the kidneys,which can help to remove very small stones. It is also an amazing source of potassium, which is a mineral salt that can help to dissolve kidney stones allowing the residue to be passed.