If you are looking for a raw and refreshing summer salad that has exquisite flavour, this is recipe is for you!
Not only does this cucumber, fig and dragonfruit salad taste great, but it promotes detoxification and glowing skin while providing plant based protein, healthy fats and antioxidants all in one (big) bowl.
Perhaps best of all, it only contains 4 ingredients and can be made in under 5 minutes.
Enjoy it for breakfast to energise or have it as an afternoon pick-me up snack.
- 1 dragonfruit (also known as Pitaya)
- 1 organic cucumber, cubed (leave the skin on, that’s where the fibre is!)
- 6-8 figs, sliced
- The juice of 1 lime (for the “dressing”)
- Peel the skin off your dragonfruit and cut in to cubes.
- Wash the figs and cucumber well.
- Cut the cucumber in to bite sized chunks and slice the figs horizontally.
- Place in large bowl, squeezing lime juice over ingredients.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
She is the author of Eat Plants Be Sexy, a holistic health and wellness blog where she offers Recharge Your Health Online Customised Nutrition Programs to clients around the globe . Sign up to her newsletter and receive a free copy of her eGuide: 11 Natural Ways to Heal Acne Through Your Diet.