If you’ve taken part in our free challenges before, or gone through any of our programs, you’ll know that we don’t include dairy in any of our recipes.
There are many reasons for this, however, here are a few of the major reasons we avoid dairy at all costs:
- Pasteurized non-organic dairy is different from raw organic dairy – so this information is about pasteurized non-organic dairy.
- More than 60% of the population has some sort of allergy or intolerance to lactose and casein – the top two allergens present in cows milk.
- Symptoms of these sensitivities include: inflammation in the joints, skin problems like eczema and acne, frequent colds or ear infections (especially in children) and asthma.
- Pasteurized dairy is not the leading source of calcium, and some scientific research has indicated that women who drink milk actually have higher rates of hip fractures and osteoporosis.
- Pasteurized dairy can contribute to weight gain and because it can be mucous forming, this leads to the body becoming inflamed and holding on to weight instead of detoxing properly.
What do we use instead?
- Hemp Milk (nut free)
- Flax Seed Milk (nut free)
- Almond Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Brazil Nut Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut water
Alternatively, you can always just use filtered water in your smoothies!
Latest posts by Young and Raw (see all)
- Magnesium and Iron Rich Strengthening Basil Smoothie - Oct 30, 2019
- 10 Bountiful Benefits of Basil - Oct 3, 2019
- 7 Ways Lemons Heal! - Oct 1, 2019