Having a cold and being sick totally sucks! To tell you the truth, I haven’t been sick in over a year now since going through my detox.
So, if you’re sick right now and you want to get better fast. Here’s a green smoothie that will kick that cold to the curb and help you cut your sick days down to 0 if you make green smoothies part of your daily routine.
- 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Frozen Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (you may need a bit more if you want a thinner consistency)
- 2 Tbsp Shredded Coconut
- 1 Cup Kale
Instructions: Put all ingredients in the Vitamix with the frozen bananas at the top, pour the liquid in and blend on high for about 30 seconds or less and serve.
5 Rawesome Facts about this Smoothie
1. Pineapple is loaded with nutrients and enzymes including Bromelain which helps loosen up and dissolve mucus. Pineapple is useful for fighting bronchitis, chest congestion and the common cold or flu.
2. Pineapple flushes toxins out of the system and can be useful for cleansing the body during a time of illness.
3. Kale is also high in Vitamin C and contains anti-oxidants that fight free radicals in the body keeping your immune system strong and providing relief if you are suffering form the cold or flu.
4. Coconut can help relieve a sore throat, eat the meat or drink the milk.
5. Banana can be used to help soothe an upset stomach and is even useful if you are suffering from diarrhea.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016