These simple empanadas can easily be turned into a salad, and since you’ll have left over macadamia filling you can make this recipe once and create multiple wraps or salads through out the week.
This macadamia filling is super rich and full of flavour, so you only need a small amount. Start with 1 tbsp and 1/4 – 1/2 an avocado if you’re keeping your fat low. For 1 head of romaine lettuce, tons of sliced veggies I used 1 small avocado and 1 tbsp of the filling when I used the left overs to make a salad at dinner time.
Chili Macadamia Filling
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (soaked for 5-10 minutes to soften)
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/8 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. himalayan salt
Instructions: Strain the soaked macadamia nuts and add to the food processor with all other ingredients. Process until you get a finely pureed mixture without any large chunks. To keep fats low limit 1-2 tbsp. of filling per serving. (If you want, you can chill the filling in the fridge for 10-20 minutes before serving. )
- 1-2 heads Butter or IceBerg Lettuce (depends on how many you want)
- Or your choice of greens
Instructions: Prepare your greens to use as wraps, or if you’re not concerned about presentation simply chop up a head of romaine lettuce and make a salad. Since the macadamia a nut filling will not be used all in one sitting, you can make multiple salads with this one recipe.
Veggie Filling (as much as you like)
- Broccoli Sprouts
- Roasted red pepper, sliced (not raw)
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cubed avocado (1/2 per person if you’re keeping your fats low)
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014