Equipment: Vitamix or High powered blender
- 2 Cups Raw Almond Milk
- 2 tbspn green superfood mix
- 2 tsp shilajit
- 2 tsp premium red maca
- 1 tsp royal rush bee food mix
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 whole frozen banans
- pinch of himalayan pink salt
This was Calebs’ little experiment today after a workout. The blueberries probably weren’t the best fit, but we made it work and enjoyed it anyways! Definitely recommend trying this recipe with bananas only =) The taste of shilajit is very powerful and sort of over powers the taste of the smoothie, so you don’t need very much, it goes a long way!
A little bit about shilajit…. the name actually originates from the meaning “Conquerer of mountains, destroyer of weakness. “
Shilajit was originally considered the master herb in Ayurveda. Humans discovered the herb by way of the Himalayan monkeys, after noticing the healthiest and longest surviving monkeys lived at a higher altitude, and often climbed to the highest mountain peaks to lick the shilajit out of rock crevices. Shilajit was consumed to treat sexual challenges in both men and women, increasing sexual pleasure, vitality, and revitalizing reproductive systems.
Here is a quick list of other amazing benefits of Shilajit:
- Enhances the immune system
- Repairs body cells and muscles
- Improves heart function
- Shilajit is high in nutrients and anti-oxidants
- Sexual enhancement, performance enhancement
- Shilajit has also been found helpful with other health issues such as: Anaemia, Anorexia Nervosa, Asthma, Blood Impurities, Bronchitis, Burning Sensation in the Chest, Constipation, Diabetes Mellitus, Epilepsy, Excessive Thirst, Fatigue, General Debility, Hepatomegaly, Hyperlipedemia, Hysteria, Indigestion, Insanity, Jaundice, Kidney Stone, Nervous Debility, Obesity, Persistent Infection due to Low Immunity, Piles, Polyuria,Sexual Neurasthenia, Sexual Weakness in the Elderly, Splenomegaly, Tuberculosis, etc.
You can get it here: http://ultimatesuperfoods.com/Products.aspx?comcode=SU&plinid=SHLJT
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- 3 Smoothies for Inflammation and Pain Relief (image) - April 11, 2014
- 10 Ways to Ease Suffering from Low Estrogen and Menopause - April 4, 2014
- How Eating Canned Foods Could Lead To Infertility - April 2, 2014