These little bundles of energy in cookie form are a real step up from when I was 30lbs overweight sneaking subway cookies into bed… (yes, once I actually ate 12 in one sitting).
There isn’t any added sugar into this recipe, all you’ve got here is a delicious combination of protein packed seeds, fresh and dried fruits. So here’s a yummy cookie recipe that you can eat and feel good about. I’d even suggest you turn them into energy bars and take them with you on the go.
Makes 30 Cookies
Note: this is a diverse recipe, you can omit some of the seeds if you don’t have them all kicking around. These cookies will turn out amazing even with just banana, one dried fruit ingredient and 2 kinds of seeds – flax and something else).
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup golden flax seeds
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1.5 cups dried cherries
- 4 dates
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup yacon flakes *optional
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 tbsp. maca*optional
Put your walnuts, processed banana & cherry mixture into a bowl and stir in your seeds and dried fruits.
This is what they look like on the dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate them for 30 hours or 35 hours if you want them to be more dry.
1. Soak your nuts, seeds and cherries overnight. Drain and rinse..
2. In your food processor, combine bananas, cherries & maca. Process until the mixture is completely broken down and smooth. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
3. Now, pour your walnut mixture, seeds and whole dried berries into the large bowl and stir until you get a nice evenly mixed dough.
4. Put the dough into little balls on the dehydrator sheet and press down lightly until they round out like the shape of cookies.
5. Dehydrate at 105 for 30 hours. (You can remove them after 20 hours if you like however they won’t keep as long but will be very moist.)
6. Store in a sealed glass jar if they are very dry for up to 1 month otherwise keep them in the fridge and they will last up to 1 week.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 20 Healthy Reasons to Eat Chia Seeds - Jun 19, 2015
- 15 Ways Reduce Stress and Boost Your Mood - Jun 18, 2015
- Deeply Nourishing Breakfast Smoothie for Energy, Stress &Detox - Jun 18, 2015