A nutrient rich, vibrantly coloured, mouthwatering protein smoothie packed with antioxidants and a velvety smooth texture – the Cherry Vanilla Body Builder Smoothie is my absolute favourite smoothie of the season.
I don’t know about you but I have been craving fresh cherries for months, and since Caleb and I were in Canada for the winter it was virtually impossible to find organic cherries even in the frozen foods section. Now that they’ve arrived in Orange County we’re making good use of them and you can be your bottom I did a happy dance in the middle of the market when I saw organic cherries for the first time all year.
- 1 cup fresh pitted cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla warrior protein
- 2 tbsp. tocotrienols
- 1/2 tbsp. maca
- 1/2 tbsp. lucuma
- 1/4 tsp. camu camu
- 1.5 – 2 cups raw coconut water
Instructions: Place all of your ingredients in the Vitamix and blend on high for 15-30 seconds or until smoothie. Serve and enjoy.
8 Rawesome Tips About this Smoothie
1. Tocotrienols are a member of the Vitamin E family. We purchase ours in powder form from OrganicLives.org or UltimateSuperfoods.com or HarmonicArts.ca. Tocos (for short) give any smoothie a really light and fluffy texture, but what makes them one of our favourite superfoods is their positive impact on the hair and skin.
2. Tocos are also protective against certain cancers and fight free radicals in the body.
3. Lucuma is a source of 14 trace minerals and an excellent source of iron. it’s known for it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-aging and skin repairing properties. Lucuma has a sweet flavour, almost maple like and adds a nice hint of sweetness to any smoothie or dessert.
4. Cherries are natures anti-inflammatory, pain medicine. They have been shown to reduce inflammation pain and arthritis symptoms in even chronic conditions.
5. Maca is an excellent source of protein, and is most commonly used to balance hormones and enhance the libido.
6. Vanilla Warrior Blend protein by Sunwarrior is a mixture of Sunwarrior Proprietary Protein Blend (Raw Organic Cranberry Protein, Raw Pea Protein, Raw Organic Hemp Protein), Natural Fibers (Fenugreek, Konjac, Guar), Organic Vanilla, Organic Stevia, Medium Chain Triglycerides.
7. Bananas are mood boosting fruits, triggering tryptophan which assists in the production of serotonin. They also provide a good source of carbohydrates – the cleanest form of energy for the body.
8. Camu Camu is the most potent source of Vitamin C on the planet, it contains approximately 30-60X the amount of 1 orange. Gary Null, PhD lists Camu Camu as an herb for Mood Balancing in his Clinician’s Handbook of Natural Healing.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.