I’ve been craving organic cherries lately but since they aren’t in season it’s been tough to find them. Finally the other day we found some organic frozen cherries at Lifestyles Market in Victoria, BC.
Listening to the body’s cravings for real organic food is so key to intuitive eating. With the weather being cold and rainy here in B.C for the past little while, I have found my body feeling achey and sore a lot so it’s really no coincidence that my body is asking for anti-inflammatory foods.
- 1 frozen ripe Banana
- 1.5 cups frozen Cherries
- 2 tsp Maca powder
- 1 tbsp Carob powder
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 2 scoops pumpkin protein (or other plant based protein)
- 1-2 cups water (give or take depending on desired consistency).
Instructions: Put water, hemp seeds and powder in the Vitamix and blend on speed 1 until the powders have blended in. Turn the Vitamix off and add in the Cherries, Bananas and blend on 6 or 7 for about 30 seconds. Serve when mixture is creamy.
5 Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Cherries contain a pigment red in color called anthocyanin which is known to reduce pain and inflammation.
2. Cherries can be helpful in regulating sleep patterns and memory enhancement.
3. Carob is high in calcium and phosphorus making it a beneficial agent that defends against osteoporosis.
4. Hemp seeds are great for preventing sweet cravings later in the day because they are so nutritionally dense and high in protein.
5. Maca is well known for restoring hormonal balance in both women and men, enhancing libido and promoting fertility.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.