I’ve been craving organic cherries lately but since they aren’t in season it’s been tough to find them. Finally the other day we found some organic frozen cherries at Lifestyles Market in Victoria, BC.
Listening to the body’s cravings for real organic food is so key to intuitive eating. With the weather being cold and rainy here in B.C for the past little while, I have found my body feeling achey and sore a lot so it’s really no coincidence that my body is asking for anti-inflammatory foods.
- 1 frozen ripe Banana
- 1.5 cups frozen Cherries
- 2 tsp Maca powder
- 1 tbsp Carob powder
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 2 scoops pumpkin protein (or other plant based protein)
- 1-2 cups water (give or take depending on desired consistency).
Instructions: Put water, hemp seeds and powder in the Vitamix and blend on speed 1 until the powders have blended in. Turn the Vitamix off and add in the Cherries, Bananas and blend on 6 or 7 for about 30 seconds. Serve when mixture is creamy.
5 Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Cherries contain a pigment red in color called anthocyanin which is known to reduce pain and inflammation.
2. Cherries can be helpful in regulating sleep patterns and memory enhancement.
3. Carob is high in calcium and phosphorus making it a beneficial agent that defends against osteoporosis.
4. Hemp seeds are great for preventing sweet cravings later in the day because they are so nutritionally dense and high in protein.
5. Maca is well known for restoring hormonal balance in both women and men, enhancing libido and promoting fertility.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Spicy Sweet Sprouts Salad - March 8, 2014
- Win an Omega 8004 Model Juicer from YoungandRaw.com! - March 8, 2014
- Nutrient Dense Super Greens Smoothie - March 7, 2014