My philosphy on health is simple, keep your fat low, your carb intake high and your mindset positive. Leave the extremity and the all or nothing mentality to the “religious raw foodists”. Enjoy life and the food you put into your body.
Part of my philospophy also includes eating a lot of ice kreme. And no, I’m not taking about artificial, pus filled ice cream that comes from an abused cow and gets sold in the grocery store freezers. I’m talking about ice kreme baby! Creamy, alive, organic and plant based ice kreme that’s low in fat made from frozen bananas infused with real flavours of virtually anything your little heart desires.
I was inspired to make this recipe after Caleb made me the most delicious mint carob smoothie with some fresh mint he brought home from the store with a pretty purple flower he picked for me on the way home. *aww* so here’s my ice kreme version:
2 Frozen Bananas
1 tsp. Spirulina
3 tsp. Carob
3 tsp. Lucuma
1/4 cup almond milk
5 fresh mint leaves
Instructions: Put your bananas and powders in the Vitamix, add 1/4 cup of milk and blend on high for 15 seconds. Use your Vitamix tool to stir the mixture around and make sure you don’t have any chunks. Serve & enjoy!
3 Rawesome Facts about this Ice Kreme
1. Spirulina is 68% protein and is considered a “soft protein” because it has a chelating effect meaning it binds from carbs rather then fats. Spirulina is a great food for breast feeding mothers because it pulls heavy metals from the blood stream.
2. Bananas contain tryptophan, an essential amino acid for synthesizing protein and triggering seratonin production (happy chemical).
3. Mint is a powerful diuretic and cleanses toxins from the body.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.
Their life together is centered around real, whole food living without restricting oneself to dietary labels or dogmas. Sheleana believes resetting the body through cleansing is one tool for spiritual awakening in a time where we've slipped so far away from what real food truly means. Her hopes are that through this channel, more people can find what eating path suits their beliefs and bodies best, while honoring the laws of nature and themselves.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- The Night Before Breakfast Idea: Coconut Blueberry Chia Pudding - September 20, 2014
- Have a Green Morning! This Smoothie is Loaded with Healthy Fats and Supports Weight Loss - September 19, 2014
- This Smoothie Will Trigger Happy Chemicals in the Brain that Can Help Reduce Depression - September 19, 2014