Yumminessss in my tumminess this smoothie is incredible! I was still feeling inspired by yesterdays Lemon Lime Detox Smoothie and this is what happened Rich tropical notes with an exotic hint of Aloe Vera yet a familiar orange creamsicle flavour, this smoothie makes your taste buds dance. If you ever want to make a recipe we have here on Young and Raw but you are missing a few ingredients, I highly recommend you get a little crazy in your kitchen when you have time to play. Smoothie making is great because it’s a super fun and easy way to get healthy, improve your energy and increase your overall happiness. Plus, you can never make a bad smoothie recipe, some are just better than others!
- 1/2 Cup aloe vera juice
- 1/2 Cup organic lives coconut water
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Frozen Ripe Bananas
- 2 Oranges Juiced
- 2 Small Limes sliced & deseeded
- 1 Lemon sliced & deseeded
- 1 Date
- 2 Tbsp Ginger or small chunk
- 1 Tsp Shaved Coconut
Instructions: Put lemon, lime and squeeze the orange juice into your Vitamix, add your chunk of ginger, your date and the liquid, then right before you turn your blender on, add the frozen banana. Blend on high for 30 seconds or less or until mixture is creamy.
7 Rawesome Facts About this Smoothie
1. Aloe Vera is widely known around the world for it’s medicinal properties.
2. Aloe juice has anti-oxidant properties that help your body absorb nutrients more effectively, allowing your body to get more nutrition from the food you eat.
3. Aloe is vitamin, enzyme, mineral, protein and amino-acid rich and can be used for healing skin problems like eczema and acne.
4. Oranges are known to help regulate blood pressure due to their magnesium content.
5. Citrus fruits consumed daily will help prevent a cold or flu and keep the immune system in check.
6. Coconut water is such an amazing liquid. It’s the only liquid that humans can inject directly into the blood stream because it mimics blood plasma. In WW2 coconut water was used for blood transfusions on the battle field. (don’t try this at home).
7. Coconut is really a wonder food, drinking the water can speed up metabolism aiding in weight loss, balance PH levels in the body, and even break up kidney stones.
Learn more recipes and tips like this in our 3 month course How to Go Raw, Not Crazy! We’re taking a few more student testers, so if you’d like more details on how you can get a discount on registration you can email us with the subject line “how to go raw”.
Latest posts by Sheleana Jennings (see all)
- Chocolate Cinnamon Brain On Smoothie - March 11, 2014
- Spicy Sweet Sprouts Salad - March 8, 2014
- Win an Omega 8004 Model Juicer from YoungandRaw.com! - March 8, 2014