This salad is really simple, nutrient dense, covers all of your five tastes and is beautiful to look at. What more could you ask for?
You can use home made salsa as per the directions in the recipe, or if you are short on time you can use a store bought variety.
You can also grow your own sprouts for this salad by following our guidelines for home sprouting here or you can purchase them at the store.
For the fresh salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Hot pepper of choice or chilli fakes (optional)
Directions: Place all of your ingredients in a bowl. Toss and allow to sit for 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
For the salad:
- 3 cups greens of choice
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups sprouts of choice (bean sprouts, pea shoots, sunflower sprouts, alfalfa sprouts etc…)
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh salsa
Directions: Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss and enjoy!
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016