Organic leafy greens grown in nutrient rich soil are a source of minerals for the body. Minerals play several roles within the body, one of them is to keep your blood at a consistent pH, in order to avoid disease and cellular death. Mineral depletion is becoming more of an issue now that our soil quality is lower, and we’re eating less and less real food as a society. Including more leafy greens in your diet is a great way to boost your overall nutrition and get some minerals in while you’re at it.
The superfoods added to this smoothie are like always, optional, but they’re also a power packed way to boost your immune system and get some protein in at the same time. Camu camu berry is nature’s highest source of Vitamin C, but you could also use Acerola Cherry powder or omit it all together if you are on a budget.
- 2 frozen bananas (less if you’re not using a bitter green)
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp camu camu powder
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup water (or 2 if you omit the coconut water)
Directions: Wash your produce, blend and enjoy. If you have a low speed blender, try blending the powders and the liquid together first to avoid a chunky consistency.
Latest posts by Adrienne Nye (see all)
- Open Your Heart Chakra with Green Foods! - May 9, 2014
- Zap Headaches and Tension with this Watermelon Elixir - May 8, 2014
- 3 Ways to Enjoy the Superfood Benefits of Coconut - May 5, 2014