This fruit smoothie is loaded with Vitamin C, B Vitamins, potassium and natural sugars. The ingredients are commonly known for boosting immune function and vitality. Plus, it tastes great. It can be kid friendly if you remove the maca (superfoods aren’t generally recommended for little ones without consulting your N.D or physician). Drink this smoothie to help replenish your body, fight off free radical damage and repair lean muscle tissue.
- 1/2 frozen or fresh ripe banana
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 1 kiwi
- 2-3 strawberries
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1-2 cups coconut or regular water
Directions: Blend in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Editor at Young and Raw
Adrienne has a B.Sc. in Biology from UVic and an M.Sc. in Plant Science from UBC. She joined the team at Young and Raw in June 2013 as Editor and looks forward to inspiring as many people as possible to build a more compassionate, balanced and loving world. Inside and out.
Latest posts by Adrienne Nye (see all)
- Open Your Heart Chakra with Green Foods! - May 9, 2014
- Zap Headaches and Tension with this Watermelon Elixir - May 8, 2014
- 3 Ways to Enjoy the Superfood Benefits of Coconut - May 5, 2014