- 1 Orange, peeled
- 2-3 leaves of Kale
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1-2 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1-2 Frozen Ripened Bananas
- 2 cups Water (add more for thinner, less for thicker consistency)
- 2 Tablespoons Harmonic Arts BC Bee Pollen
Instructions: Put all of your ingredients into the blender, add water and blend for 30 seconds or less in the Vitamix.
5 Rawesome Facts about This Smoothie
1. Blueberries are high in anti-oxidants and help prevent aging and keep your skin looking young and vibrant. They also protect the brain from oxidative stress thus reducing the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Kale helps the body maintain normal blood sugar levels and can be very healing for diabetics.
3. Spinach is comprised of about 30% protein and a great protein option if you’re an athlete or gym goer.
4. Bananas are a great energy boosting food and studies have shown that just 2 bananas provide enough energy for an intense 90 minute workout.
5. Bee pollen is a natural anti-histamine and just 1-2 tbsp. per day can help reduce, or even eliminate environmental allergies.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016
- This Spiced Zucchini Carrot Loaf is Gluten Free and Vegan! - Feb 11, 2016