If you’re looking for a high-protein snack to take with you on-the-go, reach for one of these 10 delicious, plant-based options:
1. Protein Bites (6grams protein per bite)
To make a protein bite, mix nut butter, sweetener, Vega Sport Performance Protein and functional flavor-rich ingredients together into a bite-sized ball. You can play around with flavor combinations and ratios, but this Energy Bite recipe is our go-to at Vega HQ.
2. Trail mix (6grams protein per ¼ cup)
The more nuts and seeds in your trail mix, the higher in protein it will be. So don’t just reach for the chocolate or coconut pieces if you’re hoping to increase your protein consumption!
3. Roasted Chickpeas (7grams protein per serving)
If you already love chickpeas in salads and hummus, have you tried them roasted as a snack yet? These Nacho Seasoned Chickpeas help to cure any chip cravings with a flavorful protein punch.
4. Toast with 2 Tablespoons Nut Butter (9grams protein)
Toast up a slice of gluten-free or sprouted whole grain bread and slather on your favorite nut butter. Almond, peanut, cashew, pistachio, sunflower…what’s your go-to nut butter? Want to try your hand at whipping up some homemade nut butters? It’s a great way to play with flavor combinations and even increase the amount of protein. Try these 5 high-protein nut butter recipes.
5. 2ounces of almonds (12grams protein)
You don’t have to count them out, but this would be about 50 almonds. Or ½ cup. Or 2 shot glasses full. You pick your favorite portion method.
6. Vega One Meal Bar(12grams protein)
This convenient meal bar is packed with not only 12grams of complete protein, but also 4grams fiber, 1gram Omega-3, 1 serving of greens, probiotics, vitamins and minerals—all from whole food ingredients.
7. Vega Sport Protein Bar (15grams protein)
Whether you’re looking for a post-workout, or anytime, protein boost, Vega Sport Protein Bar has 2.5grams BCAAs, 2grams glutamine, and 1 gram Omega-3 on top of 15grams complete multisource protein.
8. Chocolate Mug Cake (19grams protein)
Whether you make it in the microwave or oven, this mug cake is a perfectly gooey protein snack.
9. Chia pudding (20grams protein)
Adding a serving of Vega Protein & Greens or Vega Protein Smoothie bumps this chia pudding up to 20 grams of plant-based protein.
10. Vega Sport Performance Protein Smoothie (25+ grams protein)
A whole food smoothie made with Vega Sport Performance Protein will have a minimum of 25grams complete multisource plant-based protein, 5,000mg BCAAs, and 5,000mg glutamine. If you’re looking for a new smoothie combination, try one of these:
- Whole Beet Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Piña Colada Protein Shake
- Maple Drizzled Protein Shake
Want to learn more about high-protein foods? Check out the Vega Plant-based Protein Infographic!
Latest posts by Elizabeth Jarrard (see all)
- Why Healthy Fats are In and “Fat-Free” Foods are Out - May 22, 2016
- 7 Favorite Foods to Fuel Up During a Run - Sep 11, 2015
- Nourishing Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Latte (It’s Delicious!) - Sep 5, 2015