Adding these five spices to your food stimulates your brain’s satiety center, making weight loss easier. Remember that if you’re using these spices to lose weight, it is best to combine them with a healthy lifestyle of wholesome foods, exercise, fresh water and adequate sleep. A spice alone is not going to magically melt the excess fat off your body, but it will support the whole process in a very healthy and sustainable way. Love your body as it is now, and visualize what you want to create.
1. Cinnamon: Has a regulating effect on blood sugars, helping to prevent metabolized sugars from being stored as fat. Cinnamon will also delay gastric emptying time, helping you to feel full longer. Try this Vanilla Cinnamon Shilajit Latte if you feel like trying something new.
2. Nutmeg: Has a similar appetite suppressing effect as cinnamon, helping to stimulate the brain’s satiety center making you feel full for longer.
3. Black or cayenne pepper: Spicy foods like black pepper and cayenne have been studied for their ability to temporarily raise metabolic rate. This means that you will be burning more calories than usual which can stimulate weight loss. In some studies metabolic rate was raised by up to 8% after eating spicy foods and this increase was maintained for several hours after the meal.
4. Oregano: Contains some very powerful anti-inflammatory compounds. Inflammation in the body can lead to several health issues including weight gain. Oregano may also help protect your body from developing cancer when combined with a healthy lifestyle overall.
5. Cumin: Will help to raise the metabolic rate in a similar way to spicy foods. This can lead to weight loss over time as it will increase the number of calories you are burning.