5 Ways Ginger Can Heal
1. Ginger contains essential oils that help to relax the muscles of the intestinal tract, which will help to ward off bloating and gas.
2. Ginger is one of the oldest and most effective remedies for nausea. Chew on a small piece of the root or boil some crushed ginger in hot water and enjoy it as a tea.
3. Ginger has strong anti-inflammatory powers, and can even help to sooth arthritic pain.
4. Ginger has been shown to help defend the body against colorectal, ovarian, pancreatic, kidney and lung cancer by stunting the growth of cancer cells.
5. Eat ginger with harder to digest foods to promote healthy digestion.
5 Ways to Enjoy Ginger in Your Cooking
1. Crush ginger into your tomato sauces for a delicious pasta. A beautiful combo to start with is: Fresh tomatoes, red peppers, crushed ginger, fresh basil, crushed garlic & sea salt.
2. Boil crushed ginger or a chunk of the root into a tea and let it cool for an “iced tea” type of drink. Or, juice the root and combine 1 oz. with sparkling water, grade B maple syrup and ice for a refreshing drink in the hot summer days.
3. Grate ginger and eat it raw along with organic fermented soy products such as tempeh or miso soup if your body can take fermented soy.
4. Put ginger root through the juicer with other green or root veggies such as kale, celery, cucumber, apple, carrot or beet.
5. Crush ginger and include it in your rice or quinoa, along with other herbs.
Latest posts by Sheleana Aiyana (see all)
- Boost Your Immune System to Fight Stress with this Juice Recipe - Feb 13, 2019
- 10 Reasons to Go Plant Based from the Juice Truck - Mar 9, 2016
- Top 10 Reasons Why Everyone Is Doing Yoga - Feb 11, 2016