Healthy eating can and should be simple and achievable for all. Here are 6 Simple Tips for Eating Healthy that you can use to guide your choices on a daily basis.
1. Avoid processed or fried anything. You’ll have more energy, focus, and your body will be able to focus on its job which is to detox on a regular basis, and perform at its best so you can enjoy living.
2. Avoid packaged foods, eat from the produce section as much as possible. Add more colorful foods into your diet, because each vibrant color you see in the veggie section represents a unique nutritional make-up of protective antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
3. If you can’t pronounce it don’t eat it. (Note: If it’s a superfood or herb, research it first and then assess whether it would be a suitable addition to your diet.) Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way when you’re just getting started. You don’t need high priced ingredients to be healthy, so only experiment with them if it’s within your budget and you feel inclined to do so.
4. Real juice doesn’t come in a box, carton or bottle – drink water or use a juicer to make fresh vegetable and fruit juices. There’s so much sugar in those packaged juices, you’d be blown away! Plus, through pasteurization, a lot of the nutrition is being killed off before it ever reaches your grocery store. Here’s a tip for your water: add a little pinch of pink Himalayan salt to your water which will support your kidneys and hydrate you at the same time.
5. Eat leafy greens daily. If you’re having raw food, make yourself a salad sans dairy, if you’re eating cooked foods you can steam or saute your greens in coconut oil and add some chickpea miso to the greens afterwards.
*Avoid eating high oxalate greens raw, in large amounts on a daily basis and stick to lighter greens like cucumber, celery, herbs and romaine lettuce. Kale, rainbow chard, and spinach are all high oxalate greens and can be tossed into your green smoothie here and there.
Try this dish: Sautéed rainbow chard and finely chopped kale, with coconut oil, turmeric, cumin and Himalayan salt. Serve with lemon juice squeezed overtop or try the Candida Busting Cooked Greens recipe.
Latest posts by Ali Washington (see all)
- 5 Ways to Listen to Your Body for Deeper Awareness and Personal Power - Sep 7, 2015
- Apricot Bliss Smoothie - Apr 11, 2014
- 5 Daily Detox Recipes to Keep in Your Back Pocket - Apr 4, 2014